Warm Up Exercise
Always do your stretching warm up exercise and exercise warm up routine before your exercises to lose weight. It's so easy to ignore this advice and go straight into a rigorous exercise routine, but you are likely to do more harm than good.
Importance of warm up before exercising. Why you should do warming up stretching before a workout:
- A dynamic warm up will get your heart rate ready for fat burning exercises and mentally focused on the workout routines schedules.
- Muscle stiffness is linked directly to muscle injuries, therefore when your warming up muscle, your aim is to increase muscle flexibility.
- The warm up will get your joints ready for stressful exercise impact, increasing the range of motion.
- The warm up increases blood supply to the working muscles, boosting the metabolism and muscle temperature.
- Increasing oxygen utilisation by warming muscle, as haemoglobin releases oxygen better at higher muscle temperatures.
Body warm up should at least consist of the following:
- 5 - 10 minutes jogging to increase body temperature;
- 10 - 15 minutes dynamic stretches to reduce muscle stiffness;
- 10 - 15 minutes general and specific training exercises. (For example for runners: Lower leg exercises, leg exercises, running technique exercises).
- Easy run for 50 metres, focusing on correct running technique - (repeat 4-8 times).
Examples of warm up activities - how to warm up muscle before exercising:
- Jog or walk slowly on the spot for a few minutes.
- Slowly rotate your joints.
- Do slow stretching of the muscle which is going to be used during the exercise.
- Do the activity you are planning to perform with low intensity level and slower.
A good thorough warm up routine will get your body and mind ready for an effective workout.
You Might Also Like:
Back to top
Like This Page?
Share This Page: